CoolMOS™ C7 superjunction MOSFET offers best-in-class performance in PFC and LLC topologies
The 600V CoolMOS ™ C7 superjunction (SJ) MOSFET series offers a ~50% reduction in turn-off losses (E oss ) compared to the CoolMOS™ CP, offering an outstanding level of performance in PFC, TTF and other hard-switching topologies.
Efficiency and TCO (total cost of ownership) applications such as hyperdata centers and high efficiency telecom rectifiers (>96%) benefit from the higher efficiency offered by CoolMOS ™ C7. Gains of 0.3% to 0.7% in PFC and 0.1% in LLC topologies can be achieved. In the case of a 2.5kW server PSU, for example, using 600V CoolMOS ™ C7 SJ MOSFETs in a TO-247 4pin package can result in energy cost reductions of ~10% for PSU energy loss.
- Reduced switching loss parameters such as Q G, C oss, E oss
- Best-in-class figure of merit Q G*R DS(on)
- Increased switching frequency
- Best R (on)*A in the world
- Rugged body diode
- Enables increasing switching frequency without loss in efficiency
- Measure showing key parameter for light load and full load efficiency
- Doubling the switching frequency will half the size of magnetic components
- Smaller packages for same R DS(on)
- Can be used in many more positions for both hard and soft switching topologies
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.