OptiMOS™ 5 Power Block is a leadless SMD package in a 5.0x6.0mm² package outline, including a low-side and a high-side MOSFET in a synchronous buck converter configuration. By replacing two separate discrete packages, such as SO8 or SuperSO8, with the OptiMOS™ 5 Power Block, customers can shrink their designs up to 85%. Standardizing power packages benefits the customer, as the number of different package outlines available in the market place is minimized.
- 50A max average load current
- Source-down low side MOSFET for better PCB cooling
- Internally connected low-side and high side (lowest loop inductance)
- High side Kelvin connection for more efficient driving
- Compact and simplified layout for a DC-DC converter
- Optimized layout with lowest loop inductivity and best thermal performance
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.