The TLE4254GA is a monolithic integrated low-dropout voltage tracking regulator with high accuracy in small PG- DSO-8 packages. The IC is designed to supply off-board systems, e. g. sensors in powertrain management systems under the severe conditions of automotive applications. Therefore, the IC is equipped with additional protection functions against reverse polarity and short circuit to GND and battery. With supply voltages up to 40 V, the output voltage follows a reference voltage applied at the adjust input with very high accuracy. The reference voltage applied directly to the adjust input or by an e.g. external resistor divider can be 2.0 V at minimum. The output is able to drive loads up to 70 mA while the device follows with high accuracy the e. g. 5 V output of a main voltage regulator acting as a reference.
- 70 mA output current capability
- Very tight output tracking tolerance to reference
- Output voltage adjustable down to 2.0 V
- Stable operation with 1 µF ceramic output capacitor
- Flexibility of output voltage adjust higher or lower than reference, proportional to the reference voltage (version GA / EJ A)
- Status output to indicate short circuits at the output (version GS / EJ S)
- Very low dropout voltage of typ. 0.2 V @ maximum output current
- Combined reference / enable input
- Very low current consumption in OFF mode
- Wide input voltage range -20 V ≤ V I ≤ +45 V
- Wide temperature range: -40 °C ≤ T j ≤ 150 °C
- Output protected against short circuit to GND and battery
- Input protected against reverse polarity
- Overtemperature protection
- Green product (RoHS compliant)
- AEC qualified
- Efficient and accurate voltage replication
- Heat distribution in the system
- Robust tracking supply
- Sensor Supply
- Heat distribution
- Secondary µcontroller supply
Introduction to Automotive Linear Voltage Regulators.
More information here
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.