The TLD5190QV is a synchronous MOSFET H-Bridge DC/DC controller with built in protection features. This concept of a synchronous and seamless buck-boost regulation provides a very efficient solution for circuits where the output (load) voltage is on the same level as the input voltage, e.g. in short chains with 2 to 3 high power LEDs or laser diodes connected to a 12 V electrical system.
Thanks to the flexibility to be used in current and in voltage mode it is also a perfect device for powering non LED applications like USB and mobile wireless charger or as multipurpose pre-regulation like for infotainment.
As it comes without SPI it is also ideal for all application where a basic feature set is sufficient or where a Microcontroller is not used.
- MOSFET H-Bridge with Single Inductor DC/DC Controller for high power BUCK-BOOST LED control
- Constant Current and Constant Voltage Regulation
- Wide VIN Range (Device 4.5V to 40V, Power Stage 4.5V to 55V)
- Wide LED forward voltage Range (2V up to 55V)
- LED current accuracy+/-3% at Tj=25° and 4% over the whole automotive temperature range
- Switching Frequency Range from 200 kHz to 700 kHz
- Maximum Efficiency in every condition (up to 96%)
- Flexible current sense (Highside or Lowside)
- EMC optimized device: Features an auto Spread Spectrum concept to ensure best in class EMC performance
- Open Load, Overvoltages, Shorted LED fault and Overtemperature Diagnostic Outputs
- LED and Input current sense with dedicated monitor Outputs
- Smart power protection features for device and load (open load, short of Load, Overtemperature)
- Capability to supply Gate Drivers via external Voltage Regulator
- Adjustable Soft Start
- Enhanced Dimming features to adjust average LED current and PWM dimming
- Available in a small thermally enhanced VQFN-48-31 package
- Automotive AEC Qualified
- Especially designed for driving high power LEDs in automotive applications
- Ideal for driving (LED) loads on supply/battery voltage level
- Automotive Exterior Lighting, where high efficiency is required or where board space is limited, like high current Low Beam, High Beam or combined Low- and Highbeams
- Non LED applications like USB, mobile wireless charger and multipurpose pre-regulation like for infotainment
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.