The TLD1211SJ is an integrated adjustable constant current source realized in a bipolar IC technology. The IC is designed to supply LEDs under the severe conditions of automotive applications resulting in constant brightness and extended LED lifetime. The TLD1211SJ is capable to drive high current, high brightness LEDs up to 2.5 A by using additional external output stages as “booster“ transistors. For LED currents up to 85mA the IC can be used as a stand alone device and requires only one voltage sense resistor as an external component. Protection circuits prevent damage to the device in case of overload, short circuit, over voltage, and overtemperature. Furthermore, the temperature dependent current reduction is able to protect LEDs which are thermally coupled to the IC. The integrated EN input of the TLD1211SJ enables LED brightness control by pulse width modulation.
- Adjustable Constant Output Current up to 85 mA
- LED Current of 2.5 A possible by using external Power Transistors
- Voltage Drop across Sense Resistor typ. 0.15 V
- Internal Bandgap Voltage Reference enables High Output Current accuracy
- EN Input for PWM brightness control
- Overvoltage Protection
- Temperature dependent Output Current Reduction
- Very Low Standby Current
- Maximum Operating Voltage 28 V
- Small SMD Package
- Green Product (RoHS compliant)
- AEC Qualified
- LED Controller for Automotive applications, Low- and High-Power LED
- Universal Constant Current Source
- Interior and Exterior Lighting
- Instrument backlighting
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.