AC/DC buck controller with high power factor for LED tubes and lamps
The ICL8201 is a cascode structure current mode controller for non-isolated floating buck topologies. The cascode topology enables lower system cost and higher system efficiency.
Lower system cost:
- No auxiliary winding is required to power the IC
- No high-voltage start up depletion MOSFET is required, fast time to light can be achieved inherently with cascode topology
Higher system efficiency and reliability:
- No start up resistor is required that would cause significant losses during the entire operation. These losses can be eliminated by using the cascode topology which increases the system efficiency and lifetime
- Cascode topology enables lower system cost and higher system efficiency
- Supports wide range AC or DC input
- Power Factor > 90%, THD < 20%
- Line/load regulation capabilities ±5%
- LED output current up to 500mA
- Minimum external components supporting small form factors and easy design-in
- IC concept supports single inductors without aux winding
- Advanced cascode topology eliminating the need for a HV cell at the universal input from 90-305 V AC
- Full set of protection modes including intelligent Over-Temperature Protection
- T8 lamp
- GU10 lamp
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.