To further enhance the best-in-class performance of the TRENCHSTOP™ 5 IGBT technology, Infineon offers the technology in a high power package with an extra Kelvin emitter pin. The TO-247 4pin provides ultra-low inductance to the gate-emitter control loop and brings TRENCHSTOP™ 5 IGBT to the next level of best in class switching performance. The standard TO-247 package body has been taken and an extra, 4th pin, has been added to enable the Kelvin emitter configuration.
- Extremely low control inductance loop
- Emitter pin for driver feedback
- Same creepage distance of collector emitter as standard TO-247 package
- 20% reduction in total switching losses compared to TO-247 package using same technology
- System efficiency improvement compared to standard TO-247
- Benefit increase at high current conditions
- IGBTs operates under lower junction temperature
- Much less power dissipation under overcurrent conditions
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.