The 1EDI2004AS is a high-voltage IGBT gate driver designed for automotive motor drives above 5 kW. The 1EDI2004AS is based on Infineon’s Coreless Transformer (CLT) technology, providing galvanic isolation between low voltage and high voltage domains. The device has been designed to support 400 V, 600 V and 1200 V IGBT technologies.
The 1EDI2004AS can be connected on the low voltage side (“primary” side) to 5 V logic. A standard SPI interface allows the logic to configure and to control the advanced functions implemented in the driver.
On the high voltage side (“secondary” side), the 1EDI2004AS is dimensioned to drive an external booster stage or directly small IGBTs. Short propagation delays and controlled internal tolerances lead to minimal distortion of the PWM signal.
A large panel of safety-related functions has been implemented in the 1EDI2004AS, in order to support functional safety requirements at system level (as per ISO 26262). Besides, those integrated features ease the implementation of Active Short Circuit (ASC) strategies.
The 1EDI2004AS can be used optimally with Infineon’s 1EBN100XAE “EiceDRIVERTM Boost” booster stage family.
- Single Channel IGBT Driver
- On-chip galvanic insulation (up to 6kV)
- Support of 600 V and 1200 V IGBT technologies
- Low propagation delay and minimal PWM distortion
- Support of 5 V logic levels (primary side)
- 16-bit Standard SPI interface (up to 2 MBaud) with daisy chain support (primary side)
- Enable input pin (primary side)
- Pseudo-differential inputs for critical signals (primary side)
- Power-On Reset pin (primary side)
- Debug mode
- Inverters for automotive Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEV) and Electric Vehicles (EV)
- High Voltage DC/DC converter
- Industrial Drive