XDP™ 8-phase dual loop digital multiphase controller
The XDP™ XDPE12284C is a digital dual-rail 8-phase controller that provides power for Intel VR13, VR13HC, IMVP8 and IMVP9 server, workstation, and high-end desktop applications. The controller offers flexible phase assignment between the two loops and can be configured in any of the following ways: 8+0, 7+1, ... ,4+4.
The XDPE12284C controller utilizes digital technology to implement all control functions, providing the ultimate system solution in terms of flexibility and stability. Advanced control loop features, such as Active Transient Response (ATR) modulation and fast DVID response enable optimal response to high slew rate load transients. Programmable temperature compensation to current sense allows the designer to tailor the response for best load line accuracy over temperature.
XDPE12284C also supports integrated power stages that provides integrated current sense and integrated temperature sense information.
- Compliant with Intel VR13, VR13HC rev 1.3, IMVP8 rev 1.2 and IMVP9 rev 1.3 specifications
- Compliant with Intel SVID rev 1.9.1 protocol
- Compliant with PMBus rev 1.3 compliant serial interface
- Output voltage regulation range: 0.2 V to 3.04 V
- Flexible phase assignment between the two loops: 8+0, 7+1, … ,4+4 phases
- Non-linear control for superior transient response
- Digitally programmable loadline
- Digital temperature compensation
- Digital control improves transient response and reduces components
- Proprietary multiphase control boosts efficiency across all loads
- PMBus interface provides access for monitoring telemetry and controlling regulation functions
Core & memory power regulation for Intel VR13, VR13HC, IMVP8 and IMVP9 based Microprocessors
- High-end desktops