The TLF50241EL is a high frequency PWM step-down DC/DC converter with an integrated PMOS power switch, packaged in a small PG-SSOP-14 with exposed pad. The wide input voltage range from 4.75 to 45 V makes the TLF50241EL suitable for a wide variety of applications. The device is designed to be used under harsh automotive environmental conditions.
The switching frequency of nominal 2.2 MHz allows the use of small and cost-effective inductors and capacitors, resulting in a low, predictable output voltage ripple and in minimized consumption of board space.
In light load condition the device operates in Pulse Frequency Modulation (PFM) to optimize the efficiency. Between the single pulses, all internal controlling circuitry is switched off to reduce the internal power consumption.
- 500 mA step down voltage regulator
- 5 V Output voltage
- ± 2% output voltage tolerance
- Low quiescent current (less than 45μA at nominal battery voltage)
- Current mode PWM regulation
- PFM mode for light load current
- Input voltage range from 4.75V to 45V
- Integrated power transistor
- 2.2 MHz switching frequency
- 100% Duty cycle
- Synchronization input
- Integrated compensation
- Integrated soft-start function
- Reset generator with adjustable threshold
- Input undervoltage lockout
- Suited for automotive applications: Tj = -40 °C to +150 °C
- Green Product (RoHS compliant)
- AEC Qualified
- Pin-compatible family approach
- Low current consumption for permanently Vbat-connnected systems
- High switching frequency reduces value and size of coil and output capacitor
- Low drop-out operation due to 100% DC
- No external components required for compensation and soft-start
- Flexibility in setting reset threshold
- One base design for multiple requirements by family approach
- General purpose replacement of LDO
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.