The TLE8386EL is a high-side-sense boost controller with built in protection and diagnostic features. The main function of this device is step-up (boost) an input voltage to a larger output voltage. The diagnostics are communicated on a status output (pin ST) to indicate a fault conditions such as over temperature, open feedback and open load. The switching frequency is adjustable in the range of 100 kHz to 500 kHz and can be synchronized to an external clock source. The TLE8386EL features an enable function reducing the shut-down current consumption to <10 μA. The current mode regulation scheme of this device provides a stable regulation loop maintained by small external compensation components. The integrated soft-start feature limits the current peak as well as voltage overshoot at start-up. This IC is suited for use in the harsh automotive environments and provides protection functions such as output overvoltage protection and overtemperature shutdown.
- Wide Input Voltage Range from 4.75 V to 45 V
- Constant Current or Constant Voltage Regulation
- Very Low Shutdown Current: IQ< 10 μA
- Flexible Switching Frequency Range, 100 kHz to 500 kHz
- Synchronization with external clock source
- Output Open Circuit Diagnostic Output
- Available in a small thermally enhanced PG-SSOP-14 package
- Internal 5 V Low Drop Out Voltage Regulator
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Internal Soft Start
- Over Temperature Shutdown
- Automotive AEC Qualified
- Green Product (RoHS) Compliant
- Powertrain: GDI, piezo injection
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.