TLE9869QXA20 comes with 128KB Flash, integrated H-Bridge and LIN Trx for DC motor control
The TLE9869QXA20 is part of the TLE986x product family. The TLE9869QXA20 is a single chip 2-Phase motor driver that integrates the industry standard Arm® Cortex®-M3 core, enabling the implementation of advanced motor control algorithms. It includes four fully integrated NFET drivers optimized to drive a 2-Phase motor via four external power NFETs, a charge pump enabling low voltage operation and programmable current along with current slope control for optimized EMC behavior. Its peripheral set includes a current sensor, a successive approximation ADC synchronized with the capture and compare unit for PWM control and 16-bit timers. A LIN transceiver is also integrated to enable communication to the device along with a number of general purpose I/Os. It includes an on-chip linear voltage regulator to supply external loads.
It is a highly integrated automotive qualified device enabling cost and space efficient solutions for mechatronic DC motor drive applications such as sunroof and power window lift.
- Four current programmable Drivers with charge pump for N-Channel MOSFET
- Integrated LIN transceiver compatible with LIN 2.2 and SAEJ2602
- Two Full duplex serial interface (UART) with LIN support
- Two Synchronous serial channel (SSC)
- On-chip OSC and PLL for clock generation
- One high voltage monitoring input with wake up functionality
- High speed Operational amplifier for motor current sensing via shunt
- Measurement unit:
- 8-bit ADC module with 10 multiplexed inputs
- 10-bit ADC module with 8 multiplexed inputs, 5 external Analog inputs
- On chip temperature and battery voltage measurement unit
- Independent Programmable window watchdog
- 5V/1.5V Internal supplies
- External Supply (VDDEXT): 5V+/-2% @ 20mA
- Power saving modes:
- MCU slow-down Mode
- Sleep Mode
- Stop Mode
- Cyclic wake-up Sleep Mode
Features of the Microcontroller:
- 32 bit Arm® Cortex®-M3 Core, up to 24 MHz clock frequency
- 64KBytes flash memory for code and data
- 32 kByte Boot ROM memory in code space (used for boot code and IP storage)
- 6 kByte RAM memory
- Harvard architecture
- Thumb®-2 Instruction Set and hardware divide and multiplication unit
- Four 16-Bit timers
- Capture/compare unit for PWM signal generation (CCU6) with 2 x 16-bits timers
- Operating supply voltage Vs=5.5 to 28V, maximum rating 40V
- Extended operating range Vs=3.0 to 28V, MCU / Flash fully functional
- ESD performance :
- up to 2kV / handling on all pins
- 4kV @ HV inputs
- 6kV @ LIN pin
- Overvoltage device clamp (load dump ruggedness) up to 40V
- Wide operating temperature range: Tj:-40°C up to 150°C
- Complete system-on-chip for DC motor control
- Minimum number of external components reduce BOM cost
- PG-VQFN package with 7 x 7mm footprint enable PCB space saving
- Power Window Lift
- Smart Motor Control via NFET H-Bridge
Infineon Embedded Power ICs are supported by a complete development tool chain provided by Infineon and third party vendors. The tool chain includes compilers, debuggers, evaluation boards, LIN low level drivers and configuration tools as well as variety of example software code.
For more information about the tool chain installation steps, watch our video "Toolchain Installation for Embedded Power ICs / TLE98xx".
Download and Install
Download and Install
|STEP 4||Download the SDK via
µVision 5 Pack Installer
(see step 1)
*If you still need the Config Wizard V1, please follow the link.
Additional Tools for Design-in
Embedded Power ICs provide a built-in boot strap loader (BSL) for programming the system-on-chip devices over the built-in LIN transceiver or UART. The uIO Stick acts as an interface between the TLE98xx device and a PC. It handles the BSL protocols as well as the physical layers. A PC application (uIO BSL Tool) provides access to all BSL functions of the Embedded Power device.
Micro Inspector Pro is a graphical visualization tool within Infineon Toolbox to interact with Infineon embedded systems based on Arm® Cortex®-M cores.
Micro Inspector Pro in unregistered mode (without entering a license key) allows the complete usage of existing dashboards. With the registered version, saving a modified or newly created dashboard is possible.
The license key to register can be requested via Infineon support channel: https://www.infineon.com/tac
- The Power Dissipation Tool is an interface that helps you estimate the power dissipation and the temperature of the chip. It is available for the whole Embedded Power IC family.
- The Power Dissipation Tool can be installed via the Infineon Toolbox. If you don`t have the Infineon Toolbox yet, please go to Infineon Toolbox and enjoy the release management for updates.
IHR and Vector are proven partners for drivers and driver configuration tools compatible with Infineon´s range of Embedded Power ICs, and support LIN specifications 1.3, 2.0 and 2.1. The offered solution provides a wide range of options for designers, with reliable testing specifications, intuitive operation, and diagnostic services.
Pack File V1.4.4 for TLE986x SDK
- Added device TLE9868QXB20
- Added SDADC example for TLE9868QXB20
- Added Timer3 example
- Updated disclaimer of XML files
- ADC1: Updated implementation of VDH attenuator output impedance
- ADC2: Updated Vref value and attenuator value
- BDRV: Added control bits LSx/HSx_OC_DIS in Config Wizard to control local or global shutdown
- BDRV: Updated interrupts for ConfigWizard v2
- BOOTROM: Enabled interrupts in case of a NVM error during page programming
- CCU6: Corrected deadtime calculation
- PMU: CNF_CYC_SENSE available only for devices with UC_FEATURE_STOPMODE
Use our simulation models to understand the behavior of the Embedded Power devices.
- The TLE986x_7x_BDRV Bridge Driver contains programmable current-driven gate drivers. The TLE986x_7x_BDRV Bridge Driver PSpice Model provides one gate driver instance as a PSpice subcircuit and covers all first-order effects which are relevant for investigations on timings and power dissipation of the external MOSFETs.The TLE986x/7x CSA contains the Current Sense Amplifier block.
- The TLE986x/7x CSA PSpice / Saber / SIMetrix models provide the CSA instance as a PSPICE / Saber / SIMetrix subcircuit, allowing to perform transient and DC sweep analysis. The models include the main parameters in order to properly configure the CSA, as reported in the TLE986x/7x datasheets and user manuals.
- The IBIS (Input/output Buffer Information Specification) model provides information about the digital inputs/output buffers of the respective projects. The model can be used to perform various board level, signal integrity (SI) simulations and timing analyses.