TLE9879QXW40 is used for high-temp BLDC applications such as engine cooling
The TLE9879QXW40 is part of the TLE987x product family. The TLE9879QXW40 is a single chip 3-Phase motor driver that integrates the industry standard Arm® Cortex®-M3 core, enabling the implementation of advanced motor control algorithms such as field-oriented control. It includes six fully integrated NFET drivers optimized to drive a 3-Phase motor via six external power NFETs, a charge pump enabling low voltage operation and programmable current along with current slope control for optimized EMC behavior. Its peripheral set includes a current sensor, a successive approximation ADC synchronized with the capture and compare unit for PWM control and 16-bit timers. A LIN transceiver is also integrated to enable communication to the device along with a number of general purpose I/Os. It includes an on-chip linear voltage regulator to supply external loads.
It is a highly integrated AEC-Q100 Grade 0 automotive qualified device enabling cost and space efficient solutions for mechatronic BLDC motor drive applications that are located under-the-hood such as Engine Cooling Fans, Water Pumps and Oil Pumps.
- Six current programmable Drivers with charge pump for N-Channel MOSFET
- Integrated LIN transceiver compatible with LIN 2.2 and SAEJ2602
- Two Full duplex serial interface (UART) with LIN support
- Two Synchronous serial channel (SSC)
- On-chip OSC and PLL for clock generation
- One high voltage monitoring input with wake up functionality
- High speed Operational amplifier for motor current sensing via shunt
- Measurement unit:
- 8-bit ADC module with 10 multiplexed inputs
- 10-bit ADC module with 8 multiplexed inputs, 5 external Analog inputs
- On chip temperature and battery voltage measurement unit
- Increased Temperature Shutdown supports operation up to Tjmax = 175 °C
- Independent Programmable window watchdog
- 5V/1.5V Internal supplies
- External Supply (VDDEXT): 5V+/-2% @ 20mA
- Power saving modes:
- MCU slow-down Mode
- Sleep Mode
- Stop Mode
- Cyclic wake-up Sleep Mode
Features of the Microcontroller:
- 32 bit Arm® Cortex®-M3 Core, up to 40 MHz clock frequency
- 128 kByte flash memory for code and data
- 32 kByte Boot ROM memory in code space (used for boot code and IP storage)
- 6 kByte RAM memory
- Harvard architecture
- Thumb®-2 Instruction Set and hardware divide and multiplication unit
- Four 16-Bit timers
- Capture/compare unit for PWM signal generation (CCU6) with 2 x 16-bits timers
- Operating supply voltage Vs=5.5 to 28V, maximum rating 40V
- Extended operating range Vs=3.0 to 28V, MCU / Flash fully functional
- ESD performance :
- up to 2kV / handling on all pins
- 4kV @ HV inputs
- 6kV @ LIN pin
- Overvoltage device clamp (load dump ruggedness) up to 40V
- Wide operating temperature range: Tj:-40°C up to 175°C
- Engine cooling fan
- Water pumps
- Oil pumps
- BLDC pumps and fans, operating in High Temperature environment
- Sensor-less and sensor-based BLDC motor applications controlled by the Local Interconnect Network (LIN) or PWM
Infineon Embedded Power ICs are supported by a complete development tool chain provided by Infineon and third party vendors. The tool chain includes compilers, debuggers, evaluation boards, LIN low level drivers and configuration tools as well as variety of example software code.
For more information about the tool chain installation steps, watch our video "Toolchain Installation for Embedded Power ICs / TLE98xx".
Download and Install
Download and Install
|STEP 4||Download the SDK via
µVision 5 Pack Installer
(see step 1)
*If you still need the Config Wizard V1, please follow the link.
IHRおよびVectorは、ドライバおよびドライバ設定ツールの実績あるパートナーです。その製品は、インフィニオンのさまざまなEmbedded Power ICに対応し、LIN仕様1.3、2.0、2.1をサポートしています。そのソリューションは、信頼できるテスト仕様、直感的な操作、診断サービスについて、設計者に幅広い選択肢を提供します。
Use our simulation models to understand the behavior of the Embedded Power devices.
- The TLE986x_7x_BDRV Bridge Driver contains programmable current-driven gate drivers. The TLE986x_7x_BDRV Bridge Driver PSpice Model provides one gate driver instance as a PSpice subcircuit and covers all first-order effects which are relevant for investigations on timings and power dissipation of the external MOSFETs.The TLE986x/7x CSA contains the Current Sense Amplifier block.
- The TLE986x/7x CSA PSpice / Saber / SIMetrix models provide the CSA instance as a PSPICE / Saber / SIMetrix subcircuit, allowing to perform transient and DC sweep analysis. The models include the main parameters in order to properly configure the CSA, as reported in the TLE986x/7x datasheets and user manuals.
- The IBIS (Input/output Buffer Information Specification) model provides information about the digital inputs/output buffers of the respective projects. The model can be used to perform various board level, signal integrity (SI) simulations and timing analyses.