32-bit TriCore™ AURIX™ : Holistic Safety Architecture
The functional complexity and levels of integration of real- time, safety-critical applications continue to increase. Safety standards such as IEC 61508 and ISO 26262, mandate more robust products and functional safety concepts in automotive and industrial applications.
Infineon’s PRO-SIL™ trademark designates the Infineon products that contain SIL-supporting (Safety Integrity Level) features. The purpose of SIL-supporting features involves assisting the overall system design in attaining the desired SIL (according to IEC 61508) or ASIL (according to ISO 26262) level for safety systems with high efficiency. Products with the PRO-SIL™ label will help you to select Infineon products.
Register and get acess to our free SAFETY documentation (Safety Manuals , IEC 61508 and ISO 26262 documentation , AURIX™ SafeTpack and SafeTlib product briefs and much more...)
Click & check below PRO-SIL™ portfolio of Infineon:
PRO-SIL™ highlights :
- Broad hardware portfolio, including sensors and microcontrollers, along with analog and power management ICs that provide SIL-supporting features
- An independent functional safety management organization supports the ISO 26262 safety lifecycle
- Safety documentation, such as a safety manual and safety analysis summary report, can be made available for dedicated PRO-SIL™ products (NDA may be required)
- Infineon offers expert system integrator support for achieving the required ASIL on system level
- Infineon’s PRO-SIL™ logo will guide you to our products (hardware, software, safety documentation) with SIL-supporting features. Infineon’s activities result in simplified integration in safety-related application
Functional safety – ISO 26262 - Infineon is benchmark in Functional Safety
ISO 26262 defines the development of electric and electronic automotive systems with regard to their functional safety. The aim of this standard is to reduce possible hazards caused by the failure and malfunction of such systems. The safety requirements for the development process depend on the ASIL rating of the target application and can range from ASIL A to ASIL D. Applications such as steering or braking systems are rated with the highest ASIL D level. A failure in such a system can lead to an out-of-control vehicle, possibly resulting in fatal injuries. All newly developed parts, which are addressing a certain safety goal will be based on an ISO 26262-compliant development flow, thereby allowing direct use in all safety-relevant applications. Devices which are developed prior to the ISO 26262 as a QM part can nevertheless be used in ISO-compliant systems as outlined in part 8 clause 13 of the standard. In such cases, it is mandatory “to provide evidence of the suitability of hardware components and parts” for use in ISO-compliant systems and also to provide failure modes, their distribution and diagnostic capability.
To support our customers as they strive to achieve the highest ASIL on system level, Infineon provides both the necessary support for qualification of existing pre ISO 26262 products, and fully ISO 26262-compliant products of the future