The TLE8458G V33 and its derivatives TLE8458G, TLE8458GU and TLE8458GUV33, integrate a low drop voltage regulator and a LIN transceiver on one monolithic circuit. The device is suitable to supply microcontrollers and driving a LIN bus at the same time. The TLE8458Gx is pin compatible to stand-alone LIN transceivers like the TLE7259-2GE. The combination of a voltage regulator and a LIN transceiver on one circuit decreases the quiescent current for a typical application to a value of 8 μA, while the TLE8458G is still able to wake-up off a LIN bus signal or a signal change on the local wake-up input WK. Compliant to all LIN standards and with a wide operational supply range, the TLE8458G can be used in all automotive applications. Based on the Infineon Smart Power Technology SPT®, the TLE8458Gx provides excellent ESD robustness together with a very high electro-magnetic immunity (EMI). The TLE8458Gx reaches a very low level of electromagnetic emission (EME) within a broad frequency range. The TLE8458Gx family and the Infineon SPT® technology are AEC qualified and tailored to withstand the harsh conditions in the automotive environment.
- LIN Transceiver compliant to LIN 2.1 (20 kBit / s) or SAE J2602 (10.4 kbit / s)
- 5 V or 3.3 V Low Drop Voltage Regulator
- 50 mA output current capability
- Normal, Stop, and Sleep modes
- Wake - Up via bus from Sleep Mode
- Wake - Up from Local WK pin
- Very low quiescent current in Stop Mode
- Very low quiescent current in Sleep Mode
- Very high ESD Robustness ± 10 kV according IEC61000-4-2
- Bus short to ground and VBat protection
- Software Flash mode
- Over-Temperature protection
- Pin- and function compatible to single LIN Transceivers, like TLE7259-2GE/GU
- Fully compatible to TLE8458E
- Green (RoHS compliant) product
- AEC Qualified
- Body and Convenience
- Safety Applications
- Small Electric Vehicles
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.