The TLE6251D is a transceiver designed for CAN networks in automotive and industrial applications. As an interface between the physical bus layer and the CAN protocol controller, the TLE6251D drives the signals to the bus and protects the microcontroller against interferences generated within the network. Based on the high symmetry of the CANH and CANL signals, the TLE6251D provides a very low level of electromagnetic emission (EME) within a wide frequency range. The TLE6251D is integrated into a RoHS compliant PG-DSO-8-16 package and fulfills or exceeds the requirements of the ISO11898-2 / -5. The TLE6251D allows very low quiescent currents in stand-by mode while the device is still able to wake-up by a bus signal on the CAN bus. Based on the very low leakage currents on the CAN bus interface the TLE6251D provides an excellent passive behavior in power-down state. These and other features make the TLE6251D especially suitable for mixed supply CAN networks. Based on the Infineon Smart Power Technology SPT, the TLE6251D provides excellent ESD immunity together with a very high electromagnetic immunity (EMI). The TLE6251D and the Infineon SPT technology are AEC qualified and tailored to withstand the harsh conditions of the Automotive Environment. Two different operation modes, additional fail-safe features like a TxD time-out, and the optimized output slew rates on the CANH and CANL signals make the TLE6251D the ideal choice for large CAN networks with high data transmission rates.
- Fully compliant to ISO 11898-2 / -5
- Wide common mode range for electromagnetic immunity (EMI)
- Very low electromagnetic emission (EME)
- Excellent ESD immunity
- Extended supply range on V CC and V IO
- VIO input for voltage adaption to the microcontroller supply
- CAN short-circuit proof to ground, battery and V CC
- TxD time-out function
- Low CAN bus leakage current in power-down state
- Overtemperature protection
- Protected against automotive transients
- CAN data transmission rate up to 1 Mbps
- Stand-by mode with remote wake-up function
- Wake-up detection by signal change on the RxD output
- Power Supply V CC can be turned off in stand-by mode
- Green Product (RoHS compliant)
- AEC Qualified
- Body Controller and Gateway ECU’s
- Dashboard, Instrument Cluster
- Car Audio and Navigation Systems, Infotainment
- Seat and Door Modules
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.