EZ-PD™ CCGx Dock Software Development Kit (SDK)
The EZ-PD™ CCGx Dock Software Development Kit (SDK) provides a set of firmware resources that allows users to build customized self-powered USB Type-C Docks using the CCG4 Type-C port controllers, Dock Management Controllers (DMC), and Hub Controllers from Infineon.
This SDK is based on CCGx and DMC firmware stack, which is tested and proven to be fully compliant with the USB Type-C and USB-PD specifications and provides programming hooks and interfaces for customers to implement their own policy and system management schemes. This SDK supports USB Type-C Dock development based on the EZ-PD™ CCG4 USB Type-C Dock Reference Design and USB 3.1 Gen 2 Hub development based on the CY6611 EZ-USB™ HX3PD Evaluation Kit (EVK).
CCG4 Dock is a self-powered dock capable of providing power to both upstream and downstream ports while providing display and USB 3.1 Gen 1 functionality.
The CCG4 Dock incorporates the CYPD4236 PD Controller, CY7C65219 Dock Management Controller, and CYUSB3314 HX3 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Controllers. The SDK provides application sources, configurable binaries, and firmware configuration and update tools for these parts.
The design also utilizes CYUSB3610 EZ-USB™ GX3 USB-to-Gigabit-Ethernet Bridge Controller and CY7C65632 HX2VL USB 2.0 Hub Controllers (with no firmware update/configuration support).
CCG4 Dock supports the following features:
- Upstream Type-C port capable of providing power up to 60 W at 20 V (extendable to 100 W at
- 20 V with minor hardware and firmware-configuration changes), USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5 Gbps) data sink, and DisplayPort sink capability
- Downstream Type-C port capable of providing power up to 15 W at 5 V, USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5 Gbps) data source, and DisplayPort source capability
- HDMI port for display output
- Three USB 3.1 Gen 1 legacy Type-A connectors
- Two USB Hi-Speed downstream ports (Legacy Type-A connector)
- RJ45 port to provide Ethernet connectivity
- Billboard support to indicate Alternate mode status
- Firmware download support
The CCG4 Dock can support signed firmware update (firmware authentication using digital signatures) for all Infineon components supporting firmware update (DMC, CCG4, HX3).
For more details on the signed firmware capability, contact Infineon Support.
Note: The EZ-PD™ CCG4 USB Type-C Dock application included in this SDK is an upgrade to the application previously released as part of the EZ-PD™ Dock Reference Design version 1.1.
HX3PD is a family of USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C hub with USB Power Delivery (PD) that complies with the USB 3.1 Gen 2 specification, and the latest Type-C and PD standards.
The HX3PD USB 3.1 Gen 2 Hub design included in this SDK is based on the CY6611 EZ-USB HX3PD Evaluation Kit (EVK).
The CYUSB4347 and CYUSB4357 HX3PD parts integrate a USB 3.1 Gen 2 Hub, a dual port PD Controller and a Dock Management Controller.
The HX3PD Hub design supports the following features:
- Upstream Type-C port capable of providing power up to 46 W at 20 V (extendable to 100 W at
- 20 V with firmware-configuration changes), USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10 Gbps).
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10 Gbps) data transfer on five DS ports (DS1-DS5). USB 2.0 data transfer on seven DS ports (DS1-DS7)
- USB PD 3.0 charging on US and DS1 port
- USB Battery Charging (BC v1.2) and Apple charging on four DS ports (DS2-DS5).
- Firmware configuration and download support