The 12V protected switch shield for Arduino comes with BTS50015-1TAD (RDS(ON) 1.5mΩ), an ultra-low ohmic smart high-side power switch from the Power PROFET™ family.
Designed for relay and fuse replacement in power distribution and junction boxes, Power PROFET™ can drive resistive, capacitive and inductive loads (e.g. heating resistors, filter capacitors, motor, valves and pumps). The Power PROFET™ family targets high current applications (e.g. ECU power feeds, auxiliary power outlets, PTC heaters, rear windows heaters) and applications with high switching cycles and high energy requirements (e.g. "start-stop" systems, electric brake vacuum pumps).
- Stand alone and microcontroller mode.
- Can be controlled with Arduino compatible microcontroller boards such as the XMC™ microcontroller kits from Infineon.
- Easy to use “plug and play”.
- Fully configurable for different kind of loads.
- Enables quick evaluation of Power PROFET™ for switching loads (BTS50015-1TAD: I NOM = 33 A).
- Fast prototyping for switching applications.
- Relay and fuse replacement in power distribution and junction boxes.
- Drive resistive, inductive and capacitive loads such as heating resistors, filter capacitors, motor, valves and pumps.
- High current applications such as ECU power feeds, auxiliary power outlets, PTC heaters and rear window heaters.
- Systems with high switching cycles and high energy requirements such as “start-stop” and electric brake vacuum pumps.
- General purpose for power distribution and heating applications such as HVAC blower, glow plug control unit and trailer node.
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.