42W high power factor flyback converter with constant voltage output based on ICL8810 with primary side regulation
The REF_ICL8810_LED_42W_PSR is a 42W reference design featuring Infineon’s high power factor flyback controller ICL8810. The board is a constant voltage (CV) primary-side regulated (PSR) system and is intended to be used with a constant current (CC) converter for LED lighting applications.
Compared to SSR, PSR shows significant cost advantages. Components, such as an optocoupler, a voltage reference, and an error amplifier are no longer needed. Thus, REF_ICL8810_LED_42W_PSR is the perfect, cost-optimized solution for on/off LED drivers or LED drivers with minimum dimming levels down to 5 percent.
The board has excellent accuracy of ±3.5% in the range of 10% to 100% of the output power.
With its benchmarking performance in power factor correction and total harmonic distortion at full-load and low-load conditions, ICL8810 enables window drivers and platform designs. Furthermore, the IC combines optimum efficiency and low EMI without compromising light quality.
Being the advanced featured variant of the ICL88xx family, ICL8810 has an integrated burst mode, enabling a very low stand-by power of < 100mW. Consequently, more power budget for additional components can be used. ICL8810 is ideally suited for smart lighting applications in connection with microcontrollers.
For secondary-side regulation of the single-stage flyback LED controller-family, choose:
REF_ICL8810_LED_42W_PSR is designed as plug and play solution.
- Constant voltage (CV) primary-side regulated (PSR) reference design for LED lighting applications
- ICL8810 provides integrated burst mode for very low stand-by power < 100mW
- Power factor (PF) > 0.9 and THD < 10% across a wide load range (AC input up to 277Vrms)
- Maximum AC input voltage 90 – 305Vrms
- Critical conduction mode and quasi-resonant mode with smart valley hopping
- Best fit and solution for on/off LED drivers or LED drivers with minimum dimming levels down to 5%
- Cost optimized
- Excellent accuracy of ±3.5% in the range of 10% to 100% of the output power
- Enables smart lighting
Modular lighting boards
At Infineon we offer a broad variety of primary side ACDC and secondary side DCDC boards dedicated to LED lighting. The LED lighting boards can easily be stacked together for plug-and-play solutions.
List of Components