10W 12V SMPS Evaluation Board with CoolSET™ ICE3BR4765JG
Universal input 12V 10W off-line flyback converter power supply utilizing integrated power management IC ICE3BR4765JG. The application demo board is operated in Discontinuous Conduction Mode (DCM) and is running at 65 kHz switching frequency. It has a one output voltage with secondary side control regulation. Besides having the basic features of the F3 CoolSET® such as Active Burst Mode, propagation delay compensation, soft gate drive, auto restart protection for serious fault (Vcc over voltage protection, Vcc under voltage protection, over temperature, over-load, open loop and short opto-coupler), it also has the BiCMOS technology design, built-in soft start time, built-in and extendable blanking time, frequency jitter feature with built-in jitter period and external auto-restart enable, etc. The particular features needs to be stressed are the best in class low standby power and the good EMI performance.
- 650V avalanche rugged CoolMOS™ with built-in Startup Cell
- Active Burst Mode for lowest Standby Power
- Fast load jump response in Active Burst Mode
- 65 kHz internally fixed switching frequency
- Auto Restart Protection Mode for Overload, Open Loop, Vcc Undervoltage, Overtemperature & Vcc
- Built-in Soft Start
- Built-in blanking window with extendable blanking time for short duration high current
- External auto-restart enable pin
- Max Duty Cycle 75%
- Overall tolerance of Current Limiting < ±5%
- Internal PWM Leading Edge Blanking
- BiCMOS technology provides wide VCC range
- Built-in Frequency jitter feature and soft driving for low EMI
It is especially suitable for small power supply such as DVD player, set-top box, game console, charger and auxiliary power of high power system, etc.