12W 5V SMPS Evaluation Board with CoolSET™ ICE3AR4780JZ
Universal input 12W 5V off-line flyback converter power supply board utilizing CoolSET™ ICE3AR4780JZ. The application demo board is operated in Discontinuous Conduction Mode (DCM) and is running at 100 kHz switching frequency. It has a single output voltage with secondary side control regulation. Besides having the basic features of the F3R CoolSET™ such as Active Burst Mode, propagation delay compensation, soft gate drive, auto restart protection for major faults (Vcc over voltage, Vcc under voltage, over temperature, over-load, open loop and short opto-coupler), it also has the BiCMOS technology design, selectable entry and exit burst mode level, adjustable brownout feature, built-in soft start time, built-in and extendable blanking time, frequency jitter feature and external auto-restart enable, etc. The particular features need to be stressed are the best-in-class low standby power and the good EMI performance.
- 800V avalanche rugged CoolMOS™ with Startup Cell
- Active Burst Mode for lowest Standby Power
- Selectable entry and exit burst mode level
- 100kHz internally fixed switching frequency with jittering feature
- Auto Restart Protection for Over load, Open Loop, VCC Under voltage & Over voltage and Over
- External auto-restart enable pin
- Over temperature protection with 50°C hysteresis
- Built-in 10ms Soft Start
- Built-in 20ms and extendable blanking time for short duration peak power
- Propagation delay compensation for both maximum load and burst mode
- Adjustable brownout feature
- Overall tolerance of Current Limiting < ±5%
- BiCMOS technology for low power consumption and wide VCC voltage range
- Soft gate drive with 50Ω turn on resistor
- Low standby power
- Good EMI performance
Small power supply such as DVD player, set-top box, game console, charger and auxiliary power of high power system, etc.
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.