300W PFC Evaluation Board with CCM PFC controller ICE2PCS03
The evaluation board is a 300W power factor correction (PFC) circuit with 85~265VAC universal input and 393VDC fixed output. The continuous conduction mode (CCM) PFC controller ICE2PCS03 is employed in this board to achieve the unity power factor. This ICE2PCS03 is a design variant of ICE2PCS01 to incorporate the new input brown-out protection function. Appreciated for its high integrated design, ICE2PCS03 can achieve full requirements of the PFC application implemented in the 8-pin DIP8 and SO8 packages. At the same time the number of peripheral components is minimized. The operation frequency is fixed at 65kHz due to internal oscillator of ICE2PCS03. In order to improve the power conversion efficiency, the CoolMOS™ C3 series and high voltage silicon carbide (SiC) schottky diode thinQ!TM are used into this boost type PFC circuit.
- Ease of Use with Few External Components
- Supports Wide Range
- Average Current Control
- External Current and Voltage Loop Compensation for Greater User Flexibility
- Programmable Operating/Switching Frequency (50kHz - 250kHz)
- Max Duty Cycle of 95% (at 25°C) at 125kHz
- Trimmed Internal Reference Voltage (3V+2% at 25°C)
- VCC Under-Voltage Lockout
- Cycle by Cycle Peak Current Limiting
- Output Over-Voltage Protection
- Open Loop Detection
- Enhanced Dynamic Response
- Short Startup (SoftStart) duration
- Fulfills Class D Requirements of IEC 1000-3-2
- Soft Overcurrent Protection
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.