The evaluation board is a 300W power factor correction (PFC) circuit with 85~265VAC universal input and 393VDC fixed output. Boost converter topology is employed in this board. The continuous conduction mode (CCM) PFC controller ICE2PCS01 is employed in this board to achieve the unity power factor. The switching frequency is programmable by external resistor at one pin. There are various protection features incorporated to ensure safe system operation conditions. The device has a unique soft-start function which limits the start up inrush current thus reducing the stress on the boost diode. To improve the efficiency, the third generation CoolMOS™ is used as the power switch due to its lowest area specific Rdson. High voltage Silicon Carbide (SiC) Schottky diode thinQ!™ is used as PFC boost diode. Because of its ideal reverse recovery behavior, SiC Schottky diode is extremely suitable for high frequency CCM PFC application.
- Ease of Use with Few External Components
- Supports Wide Range
- Average Current Control
- External Current and Voltage Loop Compensation for Greater User Flexibility
- Programmable Operating/Switching Frequency
- (50kHz - 250kHz)
- Max Duty Cycle of 95% (at 25°C) at 125kHz
- Trimmed Internal Reference Voltage (3V+2% at 25°C)
- VCC Under-Voltage Lockout
- Cycle by Cycle Peak Current Limiting
- Output Over-Voltage Protection
- Open Loop Detection
- Enhanced Dynamic Response
- Short Startup (SoftStart) duration
- Fulfills Class D Requirements of IEC 1000-3-2
- Soft Overcurrent Protection
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.