Evaluation board for dimmable 13W LED bulb in isolated flyback topology
ICL8002G is a quasi-resonant PWM controller specially designed for high efficient offline LED driving application. This demo board demonstrates its functions in dimmable LED bulb application with isolated flyback topology. Its quasi-resonant operation mode, primary side control, integrated PFC and phase-cut dimming control, and various protections make it an outstanding system solution for dimmable LED bulbs. Compared with ICL8001G demo board, the new ICL8002G demo board shows significant improvement in terms of dimming performance & output power and hence output current stability. The improvement in compatibility with TRIAC based phase cut dimmers has been achieved by adding damping and bleeding circuit blocks. The output power stability over a wide input voltage range has been increased by an additional line regulation circuit. Despite the additional circuit blocks the BOM still remains in a very competitive range.
- Smooth dimming curve with high dimmer compatibility
- High efficiency (>85%) with quasi-resonant flyback operation
- Very high power factor with low THD (<20%)
- Compact single stage design
- Primary side control with high accuracy
- Tight lumen output tolerance
- Integrated power cell for short time to light
- Built-in digital soft-start
- Comprehensive protection functions
- Low system BOM cost for dimmable bulbs
- Dimmable LED Bulb
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.