High-frequency CoolGaNTM IPS half-bridge 600V evaluation board featuring IGI60F1414A1L
This 600V gallium nitride (GaN) half-bridge IPS chipset evaluation board enables easy and rapid setup as well as a test of CoolGaN™ half-bridge IPS chipset. The generic topology can be configured for boost or buck operation, pulse testing, or continuous full-power operation. Test points provide easy access to connect signals to an oscilloscope to measure the switching performance of CoolGaN™ half-bridge IPS chipset. This board saves the user from designing their own gate driver and power circuit to evaluate gallium nitride transistors.
The half-bridge circuit board features a single PWM input intended for the connection of a 50 Ω pulse generator. Also, digital inputs are provided to drive the high and low-side GaN devices with a microcontroller. The board is powered from a single 5 V supply input, which powers everything, including the isolated gate driver power supplies. Deadtime between the high- and low-side is initially set to 100 ns but is trimpot-adjustable.
An external inductor can be connected using the supplied pluggable connector. The output and bus voltage can range up to 450 V, limited by the capacitor rating. This half-bridge can switch continuous currents of 3 A and peak currents of 10 A, hard or soft-switching. Operating frequency can be up to several MHz, depending on transistor dissipation (limited to about 2.5 W per device / 5 W for the chipset with appropriate heatsink and airflow).
- Simple GaN half-bridge chipset with Digital In / Power Out
- Single 5 V low voltage supply needed
- Isolated Gate drivers power supply provided
- High and low side complimentary PWM generator with adjustable dead time provided with single PWM input
- Digital logic inputs for high and low side drivers provided
- Bootstrap circuitry for high side gate driver supply available
- PCB bottom side heatsinking possible for higher power dissipation
- Easy setup and use
- Configuring multiple topologies possible
- Evaluate high-frequency capabilities of GaN
- Evaluate waveforms with low ringing, overshoot, EMI
- Enables easy evaluation at low power applications
- Easy interface with digital microcontrollers
List of components
- CoolGaN™ Integrated Power Stage (IPS) 600V