AIROC™ CYBT-243068-EVAL KIT OVERVIEW
The Infineon AIROC™ CYBT-243068-02 Bluetooth® & Bluetooth® LE 5.0 Module Evaluation Kit (CYBT-243068-EVAL) enables evaluation, prototyping, and development of a wide array of IoT applications using the AIROC™ CYBT-243068-02 module.
The AIROC™ CYW20820 Bluetooth® & Bluetooth® LE system on chip provides reliable Bluetooth® connectivity, core spec compliant to 5.2, along with high-performance compute capability integrating an Arm® Cortex®-M4 processor with floating point unit. It is a highly integrated device integrating multiple serial interfaces, PWMs, and more. The AIROC™ CYW20820 Bluetooth® & Bluetooth® LE SoC is designed to support a wide spectrum of Bluetooth® use cases for home automation, sensors (medical, home, security, and industrial), lighting, Bluetooth® Mesh, or any Bluetooth® connected IoT application.
This Evaluation Kit (CYBT-243068-EVAL) includes an Infineon in-house AIROC™ Bluetooth® Module hosting the AIROC™ CYW20820 that is globally certified and has PCB antenna integrated, rapidly reducing time-to-market.
The AIROC™ CYBT-243068-EVAL is supported in the AIROC™ Bluetooth® SDK within ModusToolbox™ Software and Tools with copious code examples and documentation enablement for Bluetooth® LE data transfer, and Bluetooth® Mesh use cases.
- AIROC™ CYBT-243068-EVAL Bluetooth® & Bluetooth® LE 5.0 Module Evaluation Kit features:
- An evaluation board that can support various Bluetooth protocols including Generic Access Profile (GAP), Generic Attribute Profile (GATT), Security Manager Protocol (SMP), Radio Frequency Communication protocol (RFCOMM), Service Discovery Protocol (SDP), and BLE Mesh protocol
- Eval board with integrated serial flash
- Input/output interfaces for communications and programming
- Various sensors like the light sensor, thermistor and LEDs
- External headers for debugging and connectivity
- Interfaces to USB power or to a coin cell
- PCB Antenna and PA/LNA
- 24MHz crystal oscillator
- 1 X Module Arduino Evaluation Board (CYBT-243068-EVAL) with on-board AIROC™ Module (CYBT-243068-02)
- 1 X USB Cable for USB – UART programming
- Convenient user buttons
- Bluetooth and Bluetooth module
1) Configure the evaluation board headers/switches to the desired settings.
2) Connect the evaluation board to a PC via a USB cable.
3) Open ModusToolbox, develop your application, program, and test.
Note: Recover the CYBT-243068-EVAL board before programming.
The Arduino-compatible headers (J3, J4, J6, J7) are optional connections, which provide additional I/O connections to the module and allow other Arduino shields to be used during development.
SW1: Reset switch routed to the XRES connection on the module
SW2: Recover switch routed to the UART_CTS connection on the module
SW3: User-defined switch routed to the P0 connection on the module via J9
SW4: Switch connecting HCI UART connections on the module to the host via USB
SW5: Switch connecting PUART connections on the module to the host via USB
J1: Connection for an external interface for direct HCI UART communication
J2: Used for measuring the module power supply current
J3, J4, J6, J7: Arduino-compatible headers used with an Arduino-compatible shield
J8: Configures the VDD voltage input to the module as follows:
|J8 Jumper Configuration||VDD Voltage Level|
|Short 1 & 2||3.3V|
J9: Connects the P0 pad on the module to SW3
J10: Connects the P27 pad on the module to LED D1
J11: Module power supply selection from LDO or external connector
The CYBT-243068-02 Module supports Bluetooth SIG Mesh, is qualified for the Bluetooth 5.0 specification, and is certified for the 2.4-GHz unlicensed frequency range in USA (FCC), Canada (ISED), Europe (CE), and Japan (MIC).