The 1EDI2002AS is a high-voltage IGBT gate driver designed for motor drives above 5 kW. The 1EDI2002AS is based on Infineon’s Coreless Transformer (CLT) technology, providing galvanic insulation between low voltage and high voltage domains. The device has been designed to support IGBT technologies up to 1200 V.
On the high voltage side (“secondary” side), the 1EDI2002AS is dimensioned to drive an external booster stage. Short propagation delays and controlled internal tolerances lead to minimal distortion of the PWM signal.
A large panel of safety-related functions has been implemented in the 1EDI2002AS, in order to support functional safety requirements at system level (as per ISO 26262). Besides, those integrated features ease the implementation of Active Short Circuit (ASC) strategies.
The 1EDI2002AS can be used optimally with Infineon’s 1EBN100XAE “EiceDRIVER™ Boost” booster stage family. To make use of the full functionality of the 1EDI2002SA EvalKit, it has to be used in combination with the AURIX™ TC277 micro controller.
- Supervision of all power supplies
- Programable SPI interface
- Safe internal state machine & internal monitors
- Weak turn-on functionality
- System failure injection
- Programmable Two-Level turn Off (4 levels)
- Short circuit protection (DESAT & CSENSE)
- Compatability to EiceDRIVER™ Boost
- On-chip galvanic isolation
- AEC-Q100 qualified
Summary of EvalKit Features:
- Full functionality of EiceDRIVER™ SIL available (1EDI2002AS)
- Testing and configuring of all 1EDI2002AS features
- Simple IGBT connection and testing
- Includes GUI for user friendly operation
- 12 V DC input power supply
- Communication via AURIX™ TC277
- Support for active short circuit strategies
- Cost effective implementation of ASIL C/D on system level
- Significant PCB area savings
- Software Driver (Source Code) for 1EDI2002AS
- Inverters for automotive Hybrid and Electric Vehicles (HEV)
- High-voltage DC-DC converter
- Industrial drive