The TLE 7241E is a dual channel constant current control solenoid driver with integrated DMOS power transistors. The average load current can be programmed to a value in the range of 0 mA to 1000 mA (with a 1 OHM external sense resistor) with 10 bits of resolution. Load current is controlled using a hysteretic control scheme with a programmable hysteresis value. A triangular “dither” waveform can be superimposed on the switching current waveform in order to improve the transfer function of the solenoid. The amplitude and frequency of the dither waveform are programmable by the SPI interface. The device is protected from damage due to over-current, overvoltage and over-temperature conditions, and is able to diagnose and report open loads, shorted loads, and loads shorted to ground.
- Two Fully Independent Channels
- Integrated N-channel DMOS transistors
- Programmable Average Current with 10-bit resolution via SPI
- Iavg range = 0 to 1000 mA (typical)
- Programmable Superimposed Dither
- Programmable Frequency (41 Hz to 1 kHz typ.)
- Programmable Amplitude (12.5 to 390 mVpp typ.)
- Programmable Hysteresis (40 to 110 mVpp typ.)
- Interface and Control
- 16-bit SPI (Serial Peripheral Interface) daisy chainable
- A single “Default” pin to disable both channels and reset the programmable registers of both channels
- 5.0 V and 3.3 V logic compatible I/O
- The contents of all registers can be verified via SPI
- Operation with or without external reference possible
- Over temperature
- Over-current / shorted solenoid
- Over temperature
- Open load
- Short to GND
- Green Product (RoHS compliant)
- AEC Qualified
- Variable force solenoids (e.g. automatic transmission solenoids)
- Constant current controlled solenoids like
- Idle Speed Control
- Exhaust Gas Recirculation
- Valve control
- Suspension Control
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.