TLE8880TN2 regulates 12V automotive multi-phase alternators.
The alternator control IC TLE8880 is a monolithic full featured regulator specifically designed for closed loop voltage control. It can be used in 12V automotive multi-phase alternators with a rotating field winding. This regulator is able to communicate with an Engine-Management or Energy-Management ECU through a standard LIN interface. The battery voltage is regulated at a precise value between 10.6V and 16V. By using free-adjustable parameters, the regulator is able to operate even without any communication interface.
The TLE8880 is compliant to the VDA LIN Alternator Regulator specification.
- Qualified according to AEC-Q100
- EEPROM for customer specific adjustments
- Full digital and fast PI regulation
- High-Side DMOS with RDS(on) of 60mΩ @ 25°C for up to 12A excitation current
- LIN 1.3 (Datalink layer)
- LIN 2.1 (Physical layer)
- Very low stand-by current of 60 µA typical @ 25°C
- Reverse battery protected up to -2.5V
- 8kV ESD protection for alternator
- Duty cycle driven excitation current to the field winding in range from 0 to 100%
- Load response control (LRC)
- Temperature range -40°C to 175°C
- Digital temperature compensation
- Available in Automotive Industrial standard package PG-TO-220-5-12 with straight leads, in 2 versions:
- with nickel plating on the leads (soldering)
- without nickel on the leads ends (welding)
- Qualified and Released by the VDA and further leading OEMs
- 12V automotive alternators with LIN interface
- 12V truck alternators with LIN interface
- 12V aftermarket alternators
- 12V industrial generators