The SCB_SPI_PDL Component provides an industry-standard, 4-wire master SPI interface, with additional support for TI mode and National Semiconductor (Microwire) mode. In addition to the standard 8-bit word length, the Component supports a configurable 4 to 16-bit word length for communicating with nonstandard SPI word lengths.
The SCB_SPI_PDL Component is a graphical configuration entity built on top of the SCB driver available in the Peripheral Driver Library (PDL). It allows schematic-based connections and hardware configuration as defined by the Component Configure dialog.
- Original SPI protocol as defined by Motorola
- All four clock polarity and phase options
- TI: Uses a short pulse on “spi_select” to indicate start of transaction
- National Semiconductor (Microwire): Transmission and Receptions occur separately
- Supports a configurable 4- to 16-bit data width for communicating at nonstandard SPI data widths
- Provides DMA Support
- Peripheral Driver Library (PDL) Component (PDL Application Programming Interface (API) only)