PSoC™ 4 Capacitive Sensing (CAPSENSE™)
CAPSENSE™ is a capacitive sensing solution. It supports multiple widgets (group of sensors used to form an interface) using both CSX and CSD sensing methods.
The CAPSENSE™ component solution includes a configuration wizard to create and configure CAPSENSE™ Widgets, APIs to control the component from application firmware, and a CAPSENSE™ Tuner application for tuning, testing, and debugging.
Note The CAPSENSE™ P4 v3.0 component (and any version that follows) is not backward compatible with CAPSENSE™_CSD_P4 v2.40 or older. If you wish to migrate your design to the new CAPSENSE™ P4 v3.0 component, refer to the “Migration Guide” section in the datasheet for details on how to manually transition the design.
- Offers best-in-class signal-to-noise ratio (SNR)
- Supports Self-Capacitance (CSD) and Mutual-Capacitance (CSX) sensing methods
- Features SmartSense™ auto-tuning technology for CSD sensing to avoid complex manual tuning process
- Supports various Widgets, such as Buttons, Matrix Buttons, Sliders, Touchpads, and Proximity Sensors
- Provides ultra-low power consumption and liquid tolerant capacitive sensing technology
- Contains integrated graphical tuner for manual tuning, testing, and debugging
This component supports all CAPSENSE™ enabled devices in the PSoC 4 family of devices, including:
- Third generation CAPSENSE™: PSoC™ 4000, PSoC™ 4100, PSoC™ 4200, PSoC™ 4100M, PSoC™ 4200M, PSoC™ 4200L, PSoC™ 4100 BLE, PSoC™ 4200 BLE, and PRoC BLE
- Fourth generation CAPSENSE™: PSoC™ 4000S, PSoC™ 4100S, and PSoC™ Analog Coprocessor
However, some features are restricted in specific devices:
- The second hardware CSD block is not supported for PSoC™ 4100M / PSoC™ 4200M devices.
- CSX Sensing mode is not supported for PSoC™ 4100 devices.
- The CSD2x functionality will be available in the next version of the component.
- The Export Register Map feature will be available in the next component version.
- The sourcing IDAC sensing configuration is not available for fourth generation CAPSENSE™ devices and will be available in the next version of the component.