PSoC™ 4 Capacitive Sensing (CAPSENSE™ CSD)
Capacitive sensing using a Delta-Sigma Modulator (CAPSENSE™ CSD) is a versatile and efficient way to measure capacitance and detect finger touches in user interface panel applications such as capacitive touch buttons, sliders, touchpads, touch screens, and proximity sensors.
Note This document refers to PSoC™ 4 devices throughout. References to PSoC™ 4 should be interpreted to mean PSoC™ 4 and PSoC™ 4 BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) devices. This component also supports the PRoC BLE device.
- Best-In-Class SNR performance
- Superior noise-immunity performance against conducted and radiated external noise
- Ultra-low radiated emissions
- CAPSENSE™ button support: Overlay thickness of up to 15 mm for glass and 5 mm for plastic
- SmartSense™ auto-tuning
- Sets and maintains optimal sensor performance during run time
- Eliminates manual tuning during development and production
- Advanced user interface features: Water tolerance
- Shield electrode support for reliable operation in the presence of water droplets
- Guard sensor to prevent false touches under the water or flowing water
- Support for user-defined combinations of button, linear slider, radial slider, touchpad and proximity capacitive sensors
- Easy to use Application Programming Interface (API) for fast proto-typing
- Integrated PC-based GUI for tuning in manual tuning mode (See Using the Tuner GUI section in this datasheet.)