S/PDIF Transmitter (SPDIF_Tx)
The SPDIF_Tx component provides a simple way to add digital audio output to any design. It formats incoming audio data and metadata to create the S/PDIF bit stream appropriate for optical or coaxial digital audio. The component supports interleaved and separated audio.
- Conforms to IEC-60958, AES/EBU, AES3 standards for Linear PCM Audio Transmission
- Sample rate support for clock/128 (up to 192 kHz)
- Configurable audio sample length (8/16/24)
- Channel status bits generator for consumer applications
- DMA support
- Independent left and right channel FIFOs or interleaved stereo FIFOs