Wi-Fi 6/6E (802.11ax)
Infineon’s AIROC™ CYW5557x is a highly integrated Wi-Fi 6 / 6E and Bluetooth® 5.2 SoC family. Supporting Wi-Fi 6 / 6E features with Tri-band (2.4G, 5G, 6G) capability, the CYW5557x is available in both 1x1 single-input, single-output (SISO) and 2x2 multiple-input, multiple-output (MIMO) configurations. The SoC brings exceptional high-quality video/audio streaming and seamless gaming experience in a congested network environment and significantly reduces latency by operating in the 6G spectrum. This chip provides the technical benefits of Wi-Fi 6 – including increased communications range and robustness as well as increased battery life – in addition to being the first IoT Wi-Fi chip with Wi-Fi 6E support, allowing leading products access to the uncongested 6 GHz spectrum.
- Reliability › Wi-Fi 6E promises to reduce RF interference in the home through the opening of the 6 GHz band.
- Range/Congestion › The Wi-Fi 6 standard has a number of features that address range and congestion issues that are important for IoT products.
- Adoption of Wi-Fi 6 routers › Many of the Wi-Fi 6 features impact customers when they are using Wi-Fi 6 routers.
- Cost › Cost is an important consideration in the selection of a Wi-Fi standard. Choose the right standard based on your product needs.
- Security › The Wi-Fi standards continue to evolve to improve security, including the introduction of WPA3, which is required for all Wi-Fi 6 products.
- Power consumption › For many battery-operated or power-sensitive IoT products, Wi-Fi 6 can provide a breakthrough in performance.