EZ-PD™ Barrel Connector Replacement Plus (BCR-Plus) in tray package
EZ-PD™ Barrel Connector Replacement-Plus (BCR-Plus) CYPD3176-24LQXQ is the tray packing option of the EZ-PD™ BCR-Plus family of highly-integrated pre-programmed USB-C port controllers for power sink applications. It has the ability to support ports with or without USB data capability, and it mainly targets electronic devices that have legacy barrel connectors (up to 100 W) or USB micro-B connectors for power input such as drones, smart speakers, power tools, and other rechargeable devices.
EZ-PD™ BCR-Plus complies with the latest USB Type-C and USB Power Delivery (PD) standards and enables users to quickly convert their devices from being powered through a barrel connector to being powered via the USB-C connector with few external components and no additional firmware development. The EZ-PD™ BCR-Plus CYPD3176 device ships with pre-programmed firmware; additional configuration changes are possible with the EZ-PD™ Configuration Utility.
EZ-PD™ BCR-Plus integrates a complete USB-C transceiver, USB PD policy manager, a load switch controller with a soft start, all termination resistors required for a USB-C port, and system-level ESD protection. It is available in a 24-pin QFN package.
Summary of Features
- USB Type-C charging (5 V @ 0.5 A, 0.9 A, 1.5 A, 3 A) up to 15 W
- USB Power Delivery (5 V, 9 V, 12 V, 15 V, 20 V, up to 5 A) up to 100 W
- Legacy charging standards (BC1.2 & others)
- Programmable Power Supply (PPS)
- Integrated fault protection: VBus-to-CC short, OVP, OCP
- Integrated ESD protection: IEC61000-4-2 level 4C
- Integrated 24.5 V LDO, VBus gate driver, VBus discharge FET
- Easy configuration through Host Programming Interface (HPI)
- Customization through EZ-PD™ Configuration Utility
- Extended industrial temperature range: -40°C to +105°C
- Packing type: tray
- Easily covert incompatible power connectors to USB-C
- No firmware development required
- No expert knowledge of USB-C Power Delivery required
- Interoperable with any USB-C chargers or charging ports