The TLE8457BSJ is a monolithic integrated LIN transceiver with low drop-out voltage regulator in the TSON-8 package.
The device is designed to supply a microcontroller and peripherals with a stable 3.3 V supply and up to 70 mA. It provides protection through VCC undervoltage reset, while also offering bi-directional bus communication compliant to LIN specification 2.2A and SAE J2602. With the ultra low quiescent current consumption of typical 20 μA in standby mode, the TLE8457BSJ is especially suited for applications that are permanently supplied by the battery.
The TLE8457BSJ also features an automatic transition to power saving mode, if a fault condition has been detected in the application powering up.
Based on the Infineon BiCMOS technology, the TLE8457BSJ provides excellent ESD robustness together with a very high level of electromagnetic compatibility (EMC). The TLE8457BSJ is AEC qualified and tailored to withstand the harsh conditions of the automotive environment.
The TLE8457 family is available with different output voltages, different packages and different feature set as detailed in the family overview table below.
- 3.3 V low drop-out linear voltage regulator with 70 mA current capability
- stable output voltage with small ceramic output capacitor ( 1 µF )
- integrated initialization time-out feature
- low current consumption in stand-by mode (40 μA) and sleep mode (16μA)
- includes the TxD dominant time-out feature
- excellent EMC performance (IBEE test report)
- DSO-8 package
- TLE8457BSJ LIN-LDO demo board available
- LIN slave satellite modules
- window lifters
- rain sensors
- light sensors
- sun roofs
- wiper modules
|5 V output
|3.3 V output
|* Enable power saving if application fails to power up due to Vcc shortcircuit or failure at the microcontroller
* Evaluation of the application status by the LIN LDO not wanted
* Application to send wake-up signal to LIN bus