The TLE7268LC is Infineon’s second generation DUAL LIN transceiver designed for data transmission rates up to 20 kbps being fully compliant to the ISO17987-4, LIN specification 2.2A and the SAE J2602 standards. The TLE7268LC is offered in tiny leadless TSON-14 package with the lead tip inspection (LTI) feature, thus providing automated optical inspection (AOI) capability. This makes the TSON-14 packaged DUAL LIN transceiver perfectly suited for applications where tight space restrictions dictate the use of the smallest package possible. In the automotive body and interior electronics related applications, the number of LIN networks is steadily increasing. As a result, some body control modules (BCMs) are required to provide even more than 20 LIN bus connections. Additionally different component population variants for high-end to low-end BCM functionality are requested in order to realize the most attractive resulting BOM cost. Here Infineon’s TLE7268LC is offering a perfect solution, combining a TSON-14 package with a modular PCB placement capability of other single channel LIN transceivers, such as TLE7258LE or TLE7259-3LE. When compared to Infineon’s TLE7268 DUAL LIN, available QUAD LIN solutions are not offering this placement flexibility. Also, the higher integration of QUAD LIN devices does not necessarily result in a more effective, less space consuming PCB layout compared.
Next to body control modules, the new TLE7268LC is also well suited for gateways as well as ultrasonic parking modules, where the sensors are connected via a dedicated LIN bus to the central module.
The TLE7268 is also available in a standard DSO-14 package, as the TLE7268SK.
- Two independent single-wire LIN transceivers in one device
- Compliant to ISO 17987-4, LIN Specification 2.2 A and SAE J2602
- Very low current consumption in Sleep mode with wake-up capability
- Digital I/O levels compatible for 3.3 V and 5 V microcontrollers
- Very high ESD robustness
- TLE7268LC is offered in tiny PG-TSON-14 package
- Pin and footprint compatible with single LIN transceivers such as TLE7257LE, TLE7258LE, and TLE7259-3LE
- Body Control Modules and Body Domain Controllers
- Ultrasonic Parking Assist
- Gateway Modules