The TLE7259-3LE is a transceiver for the Local Interconnect Network (LIN) with integrated wake-up and protection features.
It is designed for in-vehicle networks using data transmission rates from 2.4 kbps to 20 kbps. The TLE7259-3 operate as a bus driver between the protocol controller and the physical bus of the LIN network. Compliant to all LIN standards and with a wide operational supply range the TLE7259-3 can be used in all automotive applications.
The usage of different operation modes and the INH output allow the TLE7259-3 to control external components, like e.g. voltage regulators. In Sleep-mode the TLE7259-3 draws typically less than 8 μA of quiescent current while still being able to wake up when detecting LIN bus traffic and a local wake up signalst. The very low leakage current on the BUS pin makes the TLE7259-3 especially suitable for partially supplied networks.
Based on the Infineon Smart Power Technology SPT®, the TLE7259-3 provides excellent ESD Robustness and a very high electromagnetic compliance (EMC). The TLE7259-3 reaches very low levels of electromagnetic emission within a broad frequency range, independent from the battery voltage. The TLE7259-3 and the Infineon SPT® technology are AEC qualified and tailored to withstand the harsh condition of the automotive environment.
Summary of Features
- Single-wire LIN transceiver for transmission rates up to 20 kbps
- Compliant to ISO 17987-4 and LIN Specification 2.2A
- Very low current consumption in sleep mode with wake-up functions
- Very low leakage current on the BUS pin
- Digital I/O levels compatible with 3.3 V and 5 V microcontrollers
- TxD protected with dominant time-out function
- Improved receiver performance: Reduced progration delay and increased delay symmetry
- BUS short to V BAT protection and BUS short to GND handling
- Over temperature protection and supply undervoltage detection
- Flash mode supporting accelerated microcontroller programming
- Very high ESD robustness, ± 15 kV according to IEC61000-4-2
- Optimized for high electromagnetic compatibility (EMC); Very low emission and high immunity to interference
- Availible in standard PG-DSO-8 and leadless PG-TSON-8 packages
- PG-TSON-8 package supports Automated Optical Inspection (AOI)
- Suitable for 12 V and 24 V board net
- Green Product (RoHS compliant)
- AEC Qualified