The TLE9351SJ is part of the latest Infineon High Speed CAN transceiver generation, used inside HS CAN networks for automotive and also for industrial applications.
The TLE9351SJ is a high speed CAN transceiver, used in HS CAN systems for automotive applications as well as for industrial applications. It is designed to fulfill the requirements of ISO 11898-2:2016 physical layer specification as well as SAE J1939 and SAE J2284.
The TLE9351SJ is available in a RoHS compliant, halogen free PG-DSO-8 package.
As an interface between the physical bus layer and the HS CAN protocol controller, the TLE9351SJ is designed to protect the microcontroller against interferences generated inside the network. A very high ESD robustness and the optimized RF immunity allows the use in automotive applications without additional protection devices, such as suppressor diodes or common mode chokes.
Based on the high symmetry of the CANH and CANL output signals, the TLE9351SJ provides a very low level of electromagnetic emission (EME) within a wide frequency range. The TLE9351SJ fulfills even stringent EMC test limits without an additional external circuit, such as a common mode choke.
The optimized transmitter symmetry combined with the optimized delay symmetry of the receiver enables the TLE9351SJ to support CAN FD data frames. The device supports data transmission rates up to 5 MBit/s, depending on the size of the network and the inherent parasitic effects.
Dedicated low-power modes, such as stand-by mode, provide very low quiescent current during power-up of the device. In stand-by mode the typical quiescent current on VCC is less than 10 µA while the device can still wake up by a bus signal on the HS CAN bus.
Fail-safe features, such as overtemperature protection, output current limitation or the TxD time-out feature are designed to protect the TLE9351SJ and the external circuitry from irreparable damage.
Summary of Features
- Fully compliant to ISO 11898-2:2016 and SAE J2284-4/-5
- Loop delay symmetry for CAN FD data frames up to 5 MBit/s
- Certified according to VeLIO (Vehicle LAN Interoperability and Optimization) test requirements
- Very low electromagnetic emission (EME) allows the use without additional common mode choke
- Bus wake-up pattern (WUP) function with optimized filter time for worldwide OEM usage
- Stand-by mode with minimized quiescent current
- Excellent ESD robustness
- TxD time-out function
- Very low CAN bus leakage current in power-down state
- Overtemperature protection
- Protected against automotive transients according to ISO 7637 and SAE J2962-2
- Green Product (RoHS compliant)
- Engine control units (ECU)
- Gateway modules
- Body control modules (BCM)