The TLE9255WLC is part of the latest Infineon CAN transceiver family being fully compliant to the new ISO11898-2 from 2016 and also to the former ISO11898-6. The TLE9255WLC is packaged in a tiny TSON-14 and supports the solder joint requirements for reliable automated optical inspection (AOI).
Besides CAN partial networking functions, the transceiver is CAN FD compliant and can drive and receive CAN FD messages up to 2Mbit/s. It can also be used to block the payload of CAN FD messages. This CAN FD tolerant feature allows the usage of microcontrollers in CAN FD networks, which are not CAN FD capable.
The SPI interface of the TLE9255WLC is used to setup the wake-up functions, INH output control, mode control and the undervoltage control of the device. This allows a very flexible usage of the TLE9255WLC in different automotive applications.
Summary of Features
- Fully compliant to ISO11898-2 (2016)
- CAN Partial Networking (CAN PN) and CAN FD up to 2 MBit/s
- Wide common mode range for electromagnetic immunity (EMI)
- Very low electromagnetic emission (EME)
- Excellent ESD robustness, ± 8 kV according to IEC61000-4-2
- Independent supply concept on VCC and VBAT pins
- Short circuit proof to GND and to battery
- Overtemperature protection
- Wake-up frame detection with CAN FD tolerant feature
- Local wake-up input
- SPI clock frequency up to 4 MHz
- Green Product (RoHS compliant)
- AEC Qualified
Infineon tools in one place
The Infineon Toolbox integrates helpful software for our customers. For product development please use the CAN PN Wizard.
Infineon Toolbox can be downloaded here: Download Infineon Toolbox
|CAN PN Wizard||
||The CAN PN software is a design-in tool for Infineon SBC and transceiver users. Based on generic input data, it creates a sample code that can be used from users as a starting point for their application specific software development. It shows, how the SBC or transceiver must be configured to enable the specific functionality CAN PN.|