1. Who is the contact partner at INFINEON for 'green product'?
The first contact for all questions about Green Products is your sales partner.
For a Infineon wide coordination a "Green Product"-Project exists, your sales partner will include the co-operate project if needed.
2. What is the motivation of INFINEON for 'green product'?
On 27.01.2003 the European Parliament and the council adopted the directives:
- 2002/95/EC on the Restriction of the use of certain Hazardous Substances in electrical and electronic equipment ("RoHS")
- 2002/96/EC on Waste Electrical and Electrical and Electronic Equipment ("WEEE")
Some of these restricted (lead) or recycling relevant (brominated flame retardants) materials are used in the terminations (e.g. lead finish, bumps, balls) and substrate materials or mould compounds.
3. When are 'green' packages available?
Infineon has transferred to green technology for all products. Samples can be ordered through your sales contact.
4. What is a 'green product'?
Green Products are RoHS compliant.
This means mainly lead (Pb) will be replaced (less than 0.1% lead in any base material).
Base materials are for example the surface finish layer, or solder balls. Infineon will introduce green products with the capability to perform board assembly with Pb-free solder.
5. Does 'green' affect the product reliability or functionality?
Green Products are designed and qualified for the same or better performance as today (with respect to lead-free board assembly process). The conversion to green products does not change the functionality.