XENSIV(TM) - highly integrated single-chip pressure sensor with a low power embedded microcontroller
Infineon XENSIVTM SP27 is a pressure sensor designed for the harshest automotive and industrial environments. Among its unique selling points, the device offers a wide pressure range up to 1300 kPa and a proven sensor technology, which is robust against various media. It can be used in both wired and battery-supplied applications. The SP27 is a complete system on package since it integrates a microcontroller with 6 kB flash and several peripherals (such as temperature and voltage sensors on top of the pres- sure sensor); it requires very few external components.
Its data interface is I2C; nevertheless, the integrated microcontroller allows the implementation of specific communication protocols such as SPI, SPC, SENT or PWM. The integrated microcontroller is instruction-set compatible with a standard 8051 processor. Integrated on-chip flash memory can be used to store a customer-specific application code, along with its unique ID number and the calibration data for the sensors. Additional on-chip ROM memory is available and includes functions (developed by Infineon) that cover standard tasks used by the application.
Summary of Features
- Pressure sensor (100 to 1300 kPa)
- Temperature sensor
- Embedded 8051 compatible 8-bit microcontroller
- 6 KB on-chip flash memory
- 256 Byte RAM
- Advanced power control/wake-up system to minimize power consumption
- Ultra-low powerdown current of < 0.7 µA
- Supply voltage range of 1.9 to 3.6 V
- Operating temperature range of -40 to +125°C
- wired and battery-supplied applications in the automotive and industrial market