Fully programmable crankshaft sensor
The TLE4929 is an active Hall sensor ideally suited for crankshaft applications and similar industrial applications, such as speedometer or any speed-sensor with high accuracy and low jitter capabilities.
The sensor comes in a RoHs compliant three-pin package, qualified for automotive usage. It has two integrated capacitors on the lead frame. These capacitors increase the EMC resistivity of the device. A pull-up resistor RLoad is mandatory on the output pin and determines the maximum current flowing through the output transistor.
Summary of Features
- Differential Hall speed sensor to measure speed and position of tooth/pole wheels
- Switching point in middle of the tooth enables backward compatibility
- Robustness over magnetic stray-field due to differential sensing principle
- Digital output signal with programmable output-protocol including diagnosis interface
- Direction detection and Stop-Start-Algorithm
- High accuracy and low jitter
- High sensitivity enable large air gap
- End-of-line programmable to adapt engine parameters
- Can be used as a differential Camshaft sensor
- Automotive operating temperature range