TLE4999C4 Fast digital SPC interface
XENSIV™ - TLE4999C4 programmable dual channel linear Hall sensor for safety critical automotive applications
The Infineon TLE4999C4 provides all means that are necessary to fulfill the state-of-the-art functional safety requirements on system level. It is developed in full compliance with ISO 26262. The device provides high redundancy on one chip by means of two sensor elements included within one monolithic silicon design. The two diverse Hall sensor elements („main” and „sub”) have internally separated signal paths within the chip. A plausibility check secures the high diagnostic coverage required for premium functional safety compliant systems up to ASIL D.
The sensor provides a digital SPC (Short PWM Code) protocol on the OUT pin that is based on the SENT (Single Edge Nibble Transmission) standard. Configuration parameters can be programmed after assembly of the sensor in a module in an end-of-line calibration procedure using the serial inspection and configuration interface (SICI).
The two measurement channels have separate analog supply domains controlled by the main and sub analog regulators. These regulators feed separate biasing units for the main and sub Hall sensor elements.
The sensor provides 4 different output signal modes (12/14/16bit), protected by CRC and a rolling counter. A high speed SPC protocol is generated containing the data of the two DSPs in the SPC protocol encoder and transmitted after a SPC trigger pulse.
Summary of Features
- Two highly accurate redundant Hall measurement channels (main and sub) integrated on one chip
- Developed compliant to ISO 26262 for safety Safety Element out of Context for safety requirements rated up to ASIL D
- High diagnostic coverage by plausibility checking of main and sub signal on system level
- Fast digital SPC interface with min. 0.5µs unit time for transmission of main and sub signals in less than 500 µs
- Bus-capability for up to 4 sensor ICs on one data line
- Selectable 12/14/16bit output signals, protected by CRC and rolling counter
- Thin 4 pin leaded single sensor package
- Operating automotive temperature range -40°C to 150°C
- Digital temperature and stress compensation
- Reverse-polarity and over voltage protection for VDD, GND and OUT pins
- Main and sub channel programmable independently in EEPROM
- Multipoint calibration up to 9 points
- Frameholder mechanism
- Single-wire SICI programming interface on output pin
- 2 x 16 bit user-configurable ID in EEPROM
- Robust replacement of potentiometers: No mechanical abrasion, resistant to humidity, temperature, pollution, and vibration
- Linear and angular position sensing in automotive and industrial applications with highest accuracy requirements
- Suited for safety applications such as pedal position, throttle position, and steering torque sensing