TLE4999C8 Fast SPC Bus Interface
XENSIV™ - TLE4999C8 dual channel linear Hall sensor, designed to meet the requirements of safety critical automotive applications as well as industrial markets
The Infineon XENSIV™ TLE4999C8 provides all means that are necessary to fulfill the state-of-the-art functional safety requirements on system level. It is developed in full compliance with ISO 26262. The device provides high redundancy on one chip by means of two sensor elements included within one monolithic silicon design. The two diverse Hall sensor elements („main” and „sub”) have internally separated signal paths within the chip. A plausibility check secures the high diagnostic coverage required for premium functional safety compliant systems up to ASIL D.
The TLE4999C8 supply architecture splits up into a digital supply and two analog supply circuits. This basic supply set-up separates the fast switching digital part from the noise-sensitive analog circuits. Two analog supply domains are the basis to ensure a good separation of the internal voltage regulation for the main and sub Hall sensor elements. Following the signal part, one finds that each sensor element has its own analog - digital converter, digital signal processor (DSP) and memory area to ensure the maximum independency and superb noise performance. The two DSPs use their individual temperature-, stress- and Hall signal information of the related sensor cell as well as the compensation parameters stored in the EEPROM to calculate two independent output values.
Additionally the sensor offers a multi-point calibration with 9 selectable set points for enhanced linearization of the output signal. For an easy and flexible adaptation to non-linearity of magnetic circuit designs, the chip provides 5 different calibration characteristics.
The fast digital Short-PWM-Code (SPC) communication interface provides unit times from 3.0 us down to 0.5µs for transmission of main and sub signals in less than 500 µs and enables for 4 sensors on a single data line of a SPC bus. The sensor provides 4 different output signal modes (12/14/16bit), protected by CRC and a rolling counter.
Several crosschecks of the TLE4999C8 on system level can be implemented by external safety mechanisms. This way it is possible to realize functional safety compliant systems up to ASIL D.
Summary of Features
- Two highly accurate redundant Hall measurement channels (main and sub) integrated on one chip
- Developed compliant to ISO 26262 for safety requirements rated up to ASIL D
- Fast digital SPC interface with min. 0.5µs unit time for transmission of main and sub signals in less than 500 µs, enabling for up to 4 sensor ICs on a bus data and frame holding function
- Selectable 12/14/16bit output signals, protected by CRC and rolling counter
- Digital temperature and stress compensation
- Selectable multipoint calibration up to 9 points, with predefined characteristics
- Thin 8-pin SMD single sensor package for surface mounting in PCB modules
- Operating junction temperature range -40°C to 150°C
- Main and sub channel programmable independently in EEPROM
- 16bit user-configurable ID in EEPROM
- Supply voltage 5.5 to 7 V
- Steering torque sensing
- Brake and acceleration pedals
- Valve or flap position sensing
- High-speed applications
- Automotive and industrial safety
- any other kind of precise and fast linear measurement application