Angle sensors for ultra-precise angular position sensing, AMR-based
Infineon´s new TLE5109 product family covers Infineon Technologies AG’s new ultra-precise, fast analog AMR-based angle sensors. TLE5109 products are the right fit for any kind of ultra-precise and fast 180° angle measurement application. The sensors’ application fields range from BLDC motor position applications for e.g. pumps, wipers or brakes, position measurements of valves, flaps or pedals to steering angle applications with the highest functional safety requirements. Built within a 180° sensing technology, the new TLE509 sensors nevertheless can be used for 360° for motors with an even number of pole pairs.
Adding the AMR-based TLE5109 family to the already existing GMR-based TLE5009 and diverse TLE5309 products, Infineon Technologies AG is also increasing the design-in flexibility for customers. The quick and easy product version interchange is enabled due to the identical pin-configuration and interfaces of all TLE5x09 sensors.
The whole TLE5109 family is ready for ISO26262, targeting ASIL D for dual die sensors.
This makes the products a perfect fit for both automotive as well as industrial safety applications.
Summary of Features:
- Wide magnetic field range: from 10mT up to >500mT
- High angle accuracy with only 0.1° overall angle error (typ.)
- Best-in-class typ. angle error of only 0.2° within range 10…20mT
- Separate supply pins for top and bottom sensor
- Low current consumption
- Quick start up
- Optimized 3.3 V or 5 V supply voltage
- Pre-amplified output signals for differential or single-ended applications for AMR sensor
- TDSO 16 package
- Automotive qualified acc. to AEC Q100
- ready for ISO26262, targeting ASIL D for dual die
- BLDC motor position (e.g. pumps, wipers, brakes and other actuators)
- EPS Rotor Position
- Pedals and rotary switches
- Valve or flap position sensing
- Steering angle sensing (SAS)
- Electric Motors
- Magnetic Encoders
- High-Speed Applications
- Automotive and Industrial Safety