XENSIV(TM) - TLE5009A16D E1200 dual die GMR magnetic angle sensor for automotive ASIL with analog output
Infineon´s TLE5009A16D is a XENIVTM angle sensor with analog outputs. It detects the orientation of a magnetic field by measuring sine and cosine components with Giant Magneto Resistive (GMR) elements. It provides analog sine and cosine output voltages that describe the magnet angle in a range of 0° to 360°.
The differential GMR bridge signals are independent of the magnetic field strength, and the output voltages are designed to use the dynamic range of an A/D-converter using the same supply as the sensor as voltage reference.
The TLE5009A16D is a dual die sensor for safety applications that require redundancy. The two dies are supplied independently by separate supply and ground pins.
This magnetic sensor offers 3.3V, dual die GMR technology and is without TCO (Temperature Compensation Offset).
The following derivatives of the TLE5x09A16(D) sensor family are available:
- Single die GMR: TLE5009A16
- Dual die GMR: TLE5009A16D
- Single die AMR: TLE5109A16
- Dual die AMR: TLE5109A16D
- Dual die AMR (bottom) / GMR (top): TLE5309D
Safety Manual and Safety Analysis Summary Report available on request.
Summary of Features
- Single and dual die sensor with AMR or GMR technology
- Separate supply pins for top and bottom sensor
- Low current consumption and quick start up
- 180°(AMR) and 360°(GMR) contactless angle measurement
- Output amplitude optimized for circuits with 3.3 V or 5 V supply voltage
- Immune to airgap variations due to MR based sensing principle
- Automotive qualified Q100, Grade 1: -40°C to 125°C (ambient temperature)
- Pre-amplified output signals for differential or single-ended applications
- Diverse redundance combination of GMR sensor and AMR sensor in one package possible
- High accuracy typically 0.1° overall angle error for AMR sensor
- BLDC motors
- Pedals and rotary switches
- Steering angle sensing
- Valve or flap position sensing