The linear Hall IC TLE4998C8 has been designed specifically to meet the requirements of highly accurate angle and position detection. The sensor provides a digital SPC (Short PWM Code) signal, based on the standardized SENT (Single Edge Nibble Transmission, SAE J2716) protocol. The SPC protocol allows transmissions initiated by the ECU. Two further operation modes are available.
• “range selection” for dynamically switching of the measurement range during operation
• “ID selection” to build a bus system with up to 4 IC’s on a single output line and a common supply, which can be individually accessed by the ECU.
Summary of Features:
- Integration of two individual programmable Linear Hall sensor IC’s with SPC (Short PWM Code) protocol with enhanced interface features based on SENT (Single Edge Nibble Transmission, defined by SAE J2716)
- 20-bit Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Digital temperature and stress compensation
- 16-bit overall resolution
- Operating automotive temperature range -40°C to 125°C
- Minimal drift of output signal over temperature and lifetime
- Programmable parameters stored in EEPROM with single-bit error correction:
- SPC protocol modes: synchronous transmission, dynamic range selection, ID selection mode
- Magnetic range, sensitivity (gain), offset, and polarity of the output slope
- Clamping levels
- Customer temperature compensation coefficients for all common magnets
- Re-programmable until memory lock
- Supply voltage 4.5-5.5 V (4.1-16 V extended range)
- Configurable magnetic range: ±50 mT, ±100 mT, or ±200 mT
- Reverse-polarity and overvoltage protection for all pins
- Output short�-circuit protection
- On-board diagnostics (overvoltage, EEPROM error)
- Output of internal magnetic field values and temperature
- Programming and operation of multiple sensors with common power supply
- Two-point calibration of magnetic transfer function without iteration steps
- Robust replacement of potentiometers: No mechanical abrasion, resistant to humidity, temperature, pollution and vibration
- Linear and angu�lar position sensing in automotive and industrial applications with highest accuracy requirements
- Suited for safety applications such as pedal position, throttle position and steering torque sensing
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.