The linear Hall IC TLE4997has been designed specifically to meet the demands of highly accurate rotation and position detection, as well as for current measurement applications. The sensor provides a ratiometric analog output voltage, which is ideally suited to Analog-to-Digital (A/D) conversion with the supply voltage as a reference. The IC is produced in BiCMOS technology with high voltage capability and also provides reverse polarity protection. Digital signal processing using a 16-bit DSP architecture and digital temperature compensation guarantees excellent stability over a long period of time. The minimum overall resolution is 12 bits. Nevertheless, some internal stages work with resolutions up to 20 bits.
Summary of Features:
- High linear and ratiometric push-pull rail-to-rail output signal
- 20-bit Digital Signal Processing
- Digital temperature compensation
- 12-bit overall resolution
- Operates from -40°C up to 150°C
- Low drift of output signal over temperature and lifetime
- Programmable parameters stored in EEPROM with single bit error correction:magnetic range and magnetic sensitivity (gain), zero field voltage (offset) ,bandwidth ,polarity of the output slope ,clamping option ,temperature coefficient for all common magnets ,memory lock Re-programmable until memory lock
- Single supply voltage 4.5 - 5.5 V (4 - 7 V in extended range)
- Operation between -200 mT and +200 mT within three ranges
- Slim 3-pin package (Green)
- Reverse polarity and overvoltage protection for all pins
- Output short circuit protection
- On-board diagnostics (wire breakage detection, undervoltage, overvoltage)
- Digital readout of internal temperature and magnetic field values in calibration mode.
- Individual programming and operation of multiple sensors with common power supply
- Two-point calibration of magnetic transfer function
- Precise calibration without iteration steps
- High immunity against mechanical stress, EMC, ESD
- Robust replacement of potentiometers ,no mechanical abrasion,resistant to humidity, temperature, pollution and vibration
- Linear and angular position sensing in automotive applications like pedal position, suspension control, valve or throttle position, headlight levelling and steering angle
- High current sensing for battery management, motor control, and electronic fuse
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.