The linear Hall IC TLE4997A8 has been specifically designed for highly accurate angle and position detection. The sensor provides a ratiometric analog output voltage, which is ideally suited to Analog-to-Digital (A/D) conversion with the supply voltage as a reference. The IC is produced in BiCMOS technology with high voltage capability and also provides reverse polarity protection. Digital signal processing using a 16-bit DSP architecture together with digital temperature and analog stress compensation guarantees excellent stability over the whole temperature range and life time.
Summary of Features:
- Integration of two individual programmable Linear Hall sensor IC’s with ratiometric analog output signal.
- 20-bit Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Digital temperature compensation
- 12-bit overall resolution
- Operating automotive temperature range -40°C to 125°C
- Low drift of output signal over temperature and lifetime
- Programmable parameters stored in EEPROM with single-bit error correction:
- Magnetic range and sensitivity (gain), polarity of the output slope
- Clamping levels
- Temperature compensation coefficients to accomodate most common magnet materials
- Memory lock
- Supply voltage 4.5-5.5 V (4-7 V extended range)
- Configurable magnetic range : ±50mT, ±100mT or ±200mT
- Reverse-polarity and overvoltage protection for all pins
- Output short-circuit protection
- On-board diagnostics (wire breakage detection, EEPROM error, overvoltage)
- Digital readout of internal temperature and magnetic field values in calibration mode
- Programming and operation of multiple sensors with common power supply
- Two-point calibration of magnetic transfer function
- Robust replacement of potentiometers: No mechanical abrasion, resistant to humidity, temperature, pollution and vibration
- Linear and angular position sensing in automotive and industrial applications with highest accuracy requirements
- Suited for ASIL applications such as pedal position, throttle position and steering torque sensing
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.